At this time, co-authored manuscripts will not be considered for the awards.
- All submissions will be in PDF format. No paper or CD Rom copies will be accepted.
- Each manuscript will be submitted with a blind title page:
- Title of Paper
- The statement: “This is a copyrighted work submitted for review purposes only”
- The manuscript will have no author identification within the body of the paper [headers, footers, at pagination points, etc.]
- A full title page consisting of
- Name of the author
- Copyright notice [“copyright 2012 name of author”]
- E-mail address
- Snail mail address
- Name of academic mentor
must be submitted as a second, separate PDF document in the same e-mail as the blinded manuscript.
- to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline is mid-December. For specific due date, email email@example.com.
Award Selection Criteria
- The manuscripts will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the topic or approach
- Scholarly rigor
- Use of primary resources
A selection panel of eight readers, one from each KCACTF region, made up of faculty and emeritus faculty, will be appointed by each KCACTF Regional Chair. No faculty member with a student in the submission pool will be appointed to the selection panel. The KCACTF Artistic Director will appoint a team of finalist readers in consultation with the KCACTF National Committee, should the total number of submissions warrant.
The award recipients will be announced on or around March 1.
- First place $1000
The award recipients will receive an all-expenses paid fellowship to participate in the National Festival at the Kennedy Center in April.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Washington DC 20566-0001