- The Student Dramaturgy Initiative
- LMDA/ACTF/KCACTF Student Dramaturgy Award
- AWARD CRITERIA
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Distinctiveness: what is creative about the dramaturg’s approach and/or analysis?
- Contextualization: how is the production or project enhanced by dramaturgical analysis or research; alternatively, how is the academic project in dramaturgy imaginatively projected into a larger social, political, academic or artistic setting?
- Impact: in what way are the audience, artists or institution enriched by dramaturgical ideas and execution?
- Ethics: how are issues that might be raised by the terms of the collaboration or changing responsibilities dealt with and/or resolved?
- Significance: how does this project inform, challenge or advance the field of dramaturgy, in general and/or within the student’s school?
LMDAACTF Application 2018
Fill out the application form, identifying the dramaturg and the project and include two statements written by the dramaturg
- Enclose a letter of nomination from a faculty member. If you wish, you may include more letters of support from persons directly related to the project — collaborating artists or audience members for a workshop or production, or fellow students/teachers in a classroom project.
- Include a representative selection of supporting material that shows examples of your work, such as study guides, research packets and program notes, along with an explanation of how these items are related to your work on the production.
- Compile all application materials (the entry form, statements written by the dramaturg, letters of nomination and supporting material) in a 2″ binder.
- Submit 1 copy of the 2″ binder at the festival.
**To be considered for the dramaturgy award, student dramaturgs must attend the portfolio review at the Festival.**
Dramaturgy applications can be submitted throughout the year.
Entries must be submitted by December 10, 2018.