To be eligible for the SDC Directing Fellowship Program, a student must:
- Attend a school which has entered at least one production in the regional festival at either the associate or participating level;
- Be a bona fide student at the time of the regional festival;
- Be nominated by a faculty member at their school;
- Submit a completed registration packet by December 1, 2019.
Submit the following materials via email to the Region 2 SDC Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline, December 1, 2019.
- A Statement of Intent (1-page max.) addressing the reasons for your interest in the SDC Directing Initiative Program. Have you directed in the past? What successes and challenges have you faced in the rehearsal room? How will participating in this program contribute to your growth as a director? If you haven’t directed in the past, why are you interested in directing and what do you hope to learn in the program? Include a statement confirming your selected scene from the list of nationally selected scenes and why you chose this scene. Please affirm your ability to attend this year’s festival and include if you or any member of your company will take part in the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Program as either a nominee or partner.
- Faculty/Nominator-of-Record Letter of Recommendation which speaks to the student’s directing accomplishments and potential. The letter should provide information about the student’s record as a student of directing, including coursework and practical directing experience, imagination and artistic vision, communication skills, and ability to collaborate with others. In addition, the letter should provide the faculty member’s assessment of how participation in this program may benefit the student. Please affirm the student director’s ability to attend the entire festival.
- Complete The KCACTF/SDC Online Registration Form
Download the Following PDF:
Nationally Selected Scenes & Rules for Upcoming Festival
Stage Directors and Choreographers (SDC)
York College of Pennsylvania