To be eligible for the SDC Directing Fellowship Program, a student must:
- Attend a school which has entered at least one production in the regional festival at either the associate or participating level;
- Be a bona fide student at the time of the regional festival;
- Be nominated by a faculty member at their school;
- Submit a completed registration packet by December 1, 2020.
Submit the following materials via email to Suzanne Delle, SDC Coordinator, at email@example.com by Sunday, December 1, 2020.
- A Statement of Intent (1-page max.) addressing the reasons for your interest in the SDC Directing Initiative Program. Have you directed in the past? What successes and challenges have you faced? How will participating in this program contribute to your growth as a director? If you haven’t directed in the past, why are you interested in directing and what do you hope to learn in the program? Please affirm your ability to attend the festival virtually (Festival 53: Tuesday, January 11 through Saturday, January 16, 2021).
- Faculty/Nominator-of-Record Letter of Recommendation which speaks to the student’s directing accomplishments and potential. The letter should provide information about the student’s record as a student of directing, including coursework and practical directing experience, imagination and artistic vision, communication skills, and ability to collaborate with others. In addition, the letter should provide the faculty member’s assessment of how participation in this program may benefit the student. Please affirm the student director’s ability to attend the virtual festival.
- Complete the Festival 53: 2021 KCACTF/SDC Online Registration Form
Download the Following PDF:
Nationally Selected Scenes & Rules for Upcoming Festival
Stage Directors and Choreographers (SDC)
York College of Pennsylvania