- Attend a school which has entered at least one production in the regional festival at either the associate or participating level;
- Be a bona fide student at the time of the regional festival;
- Be nominated by a faculty member at their school;
- Submit a completed registration packet by December 1, 2018.
Submit the following materials via email to Heidi Winters Vogel and Arthur Adair (email@example.com) by the deadline, December 1, 2018.
- A Statement of Intent (1-page max.) addressing the reasons for your interest in the SDC Fellowship Program. Speak to what you hope to achieve through your involvement in the process and how you believe it may contribute to your growth as a director. Include a statement confirming your selected scene from the list of nationally selected scenes and why you chose this scene. Please affirm your ability to attend the entire festival (Festival 52: Tuesday, January 15 through Saturday, January 19, 2019 Montclair State University, Montclair NJ) and include if you or any member of your company will take part in the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Program as either a nominee or partner.
- Faculty/Nominator-of-Record Letter of Recommendation which speaks to the student’s directing accomplishments and potential. The letter should provide information about the student’s record as a student of directing, including coursework and practical directing experience, imagination and artistic vision, communication skills, and ability to collaborate with others. In addition, the letter should provide the faculty member’s assessment of how participation in this program may benefit the student. Please affirm the student director’s ability to attend the entire festival.
- Complete The Festival 51: 2019 KCACTF/SDC Online Registration Form
Download the Following PDF:
Nationally Selected Scenes & Rules Festival 51 (2019)
Stage Directors and Choreographers (SDC)
York College of Pennsylvania